Five reasons to race:
1. Incredible race venue with the finish line in the heart of historic heritage buildings
2. Centrally located in Belgium making day trips to Bruge and Ghent easily accessible
3. Family friendly location with plenty on offer for everyone
4. A haven for fantastic food and beverage, including renowned Belgian Beers to help you celebrate
5. The chance to ride over the “MUUR” is just one of the many course highlights
RACE ON ONE OF WORLD CYCLING’S MOST FAMOUS MONUMENTS – MUUR VAN GERAARDSBERGEN.
The 1.9km swim takes place in a unique lake-to-lake course with a rolling beach start. The 90km cycle leg is a mix of rolling roads through quiet rural areas and spectator hotspots with true Flemisch hills. The double passage over the “MUUR” will no doubt test the legs, but will be one of the most unforgettable experiences in all of triathlon. The 21.1km run will take athletes through the main city square surrounded by ancient heritage buildings, through City Abbey Park before reaching the incredible finish line located between the Negotic Town Hall and Old Basilic Church.
For international visitors, Geraardsbergen offers plenty for athletes and their families. Geraardsbergen’s central position in Belgium makes a must-do trip to Bruge or Ghent a breeze and there are lots of family activities in the nearby “Gavers” area.
For those food and wine lovers and athletes who want to celebrate after the race there’s plethora of options available. Be overwhelmed by the unique taste of the local specialty de Mattentaart or uncover the endless range of Belgian beers, including many local brewers. For those wanting an extended stay after the race athletes can relax in the many B&B’s found spread throughout the surrounding countryside.